As Shared by our User Priyanka:
Amity international school Noida : On 31 July 2017 AIS Noida started with their nursery class admission . Eligibility for nursery class was 3 + years as on 31 march of the academic year of which admission is required. We had to fill the online form and had to deposit Rs. 300/- processing fee via credit card. I filled the form on 2nd Aug. 2017 and right after submission of form online got 4 Aug. 2017 3:30 pm as time to submit the hard copy of the form. We reached the school on given time and were guided to a respective class room where we had to submit the form. Everything was well organised. After we submitted printout of our form we were given a questionnaire which was supposed to be completed in 40 minutes no extra time was given later on as other lot of parents were allotted time after an hour. For the form submission only one parent was required to come and child was not suppose to come. Although I went with my husband and child and would recommend if both the parents go for the same as it helps them to discuss and fill the questionnaire. Its better not to bring the child for this
The questions were like
· Educational qualification of both parents, paternal and maternal grand parents their job profile their achievements,
· Then their were some questions on parenting like
· - How to deal with a restless child.
· - How would you deal if your child is not able to cope up with the studies
· - How would you deal if your child is bullied or bullies other children
· - What would you do if your child brings the tiffin unfinished
· -What values you want to inculcate in your child
· -How can you contribute in the growth of your child
· - Your expectations from the school
· -How would you deal if your child misbehaves in public
· -Is behaviour caught or taught
· -What do you think of current education scenario
· - Rate your preference distance from school , teacher students ratio, academics, extra curricular activities
· -Who takes care of child if the mother is working
· -How routine helps one
We were not allowed to use the phones in the class so it is better to take educational information of child's grand parents in advance The result of the first interaction which is subm8ssion of form printout and filling n submitting this questionnaire came on 9 August 2017 Then on 11 Aug. 2017 we had to go for second and final interaction For this both the parents with kid were suppose to come We had to take the print out and fill a one page form sent to us We had to take the original birth certificate with original address proof . After verifying documents and submitting the one page form which had basic information of kid we were given a new questionnaire to fill this time the questionnaire was of only one page
The questions were
1. 1. Why you chose amity ?
2. 2. What are your dreams for your child ?
3. 3. What are the important things the school should have or do for pre school children?
4. 4. What is your opinion about creating a routine in a child’s life?
5. 5. Is mother working Yes or No if yes then who looks after the kid ?
6. 6.Is the child in good health yes or No if no describe the illness ?
7. 7. Give the order of preference for the following criteria you look for admission of ur child reputation,; extra curricular activities; student teachers ratio; over all academic result; sports; ranking
After waiting for 2.5 hrs our turn came we went inside a room where 3 teachers were sitting out of which one was interacting with kid one was interacting with parents and one was only observing parents she didn’t utter a word during interaction
Questions asked from parents
· They asked us the school/ colleges where we completed our education
· Our respective thesis topic and some details about it ( as I am a PhD and my husband also pursuing the same )
· Why have you chosen amity for your child
· Our opinion on home work
· What is the parent role in child’s education
· Do you think schools only should take care and are responsible for child’s education and over all development
From the Kid : Thread and beads activity I could see him doing and teacher was asking colours and rhymes After we were done a teacher gave a toffee to my kid to which he said thank you and then my kid recited a poem to which all the smiled. Honestly I don’t know what they exactly asked my child but this is what I saw as a teacher was continuously communicating with both of us and we were completely involved in that conversation it was not feasible to listen to the questions they asked my child and what my child responded On 16 Aug. 2017 the result was to come. Initially our result status showed " the second cleared list of admission will be declared on 15 sept 2017" I was surprises to see this status as our interaction went quite well. But after two days i.e. on 18 sept 2017 at late night I randomly checked my status via login id and password they had given at the time of online form submission the status was changed and my kid was selected. We were given five days to deposit the fee draft of Rs. 87775/-
Some important notes
· - reach the interaction place on time
· - keep our documents ready a night before interaction to avoid
· -keep the kid’s Adhaar card ready
· -Photo copy of child's birth certificate
· -photo copy of parents highest qualification certificate
· -id proof or adhar card copy of both the parents
· -passport size photos of both the parents and kid Employment certificate and income proof of working parents
· Keep the kid relax happy and calm for interaction
· Kindly arrange kids sleeping and eating time according to the time given to you for interaction so that they are not cranky
Dr. Priyanka Joshi